Recently I received three nominations for a Liebster Award, if like myself you had never heard of this before let me quickly explain what exactly it is. After a little bit of research this is what I found out, the award is aimed at promoting new bloggers with less than 200 followers. It is kind of recognition and gives new bloggers the motivation to keep blogging whilst finding new blogs to read along the way. I think it is a great idea and I am really grateful to Jenny, Kirsty and Dani for nominating me! Thank you so much it really means a lot to me, it shows to me that my hard work is paying off!
To go with the acceptance of the award there are a few rules that you need to follow first and they are:
- Mention the person who nominated you with a link to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions set by the person that nominated you (you can find these in their blog post).
- Nominate 11 bloggers with under 200 followers to receive the award, and comment on their blog to let them know they’ve been nominated.
- Create a new set of 11 questions for your nominees to answer.
Firstly my questions from Jenny are
1. What’s your favourite place to shop?
Hmmm..this is a hard one, I love shopping and it also depends if I am looking for something specific! But the shop that’s featured most on my blog would have to be Penneys/Primark but I also love New Look and Zara
2. What’s your all time favourite blogger or youtuber?
In terms of bloggers I really like Megs from Wonderful You, her content and
photos are always amazing! I also love Becky from Milkbubbletea and she has the cutest little puppy ever who features quite a lot on her blog.
3. Describe yourself in 3 words.
This is a tough one as I don’t really like describing myself! But I would probably say if I had to outgoing, creative and ambitious.
4. Whats your ultimate styling tip?
I think my ultimate styling tip would be only wear what your comfortable in! There’s no point following a big trend if you are going to be uncomfortable in what you are wearing or self conscious
5. What are your 5 top beauty products at the moment?
In terms of beauty products I love Clinque Repairwear foundation, I have been using it since the summer and I think the coverage is very good and perfect for my skin type. I also love Mac’s Ruby Woo red lipstick, essence liquid eyeliner, the Lancome Hypnose mascara ( It was a Christmas present and one of the best mascaras I have ever used) and my Naked 3 palette which was another Christmas present.
6. What is your favourite tv series or movie?
My favourite tv series would have to be Greys Anatomy. I have been watching it from when it first started years ago and still love it.
7. Chocolate or Crisps?
Chocolate! I am definitely a chocolate love; it’s one of my biggest weaknesses! I love Minstrels and anything Cadbury’s!
8. What are your 5 top non beauty products at the moment?
I’m not quite sure what you mean by non beauty products, but I’ll give it a go. My Iphone, my Michael
Kors handbag that I got in America during the summer, a ring my mum gave me for my 21st,
my Pandora bracelet and my watch! I hope that answers the question okay
9. Is there anything you are looking forward to in 2014?
I am really looking forward to graduating, I actually got my results yesterday and passed everything so I am delighted! I am looking forward to whatever is coming next in 2014, weather that be a masters, or a job or travelling.
10. Who’s your celebrity crush?
Hmm I have always liked Jude Law but these days it would have to be Matthew Mcconaughey.
11. What do you hope to achieve by this time next year?
By this time next year I hoped to have finished college and got my degree, to have reached a broader audience and growth with my blog and to do some travelling! Oh and hopefully get a real job and enter the big bad world!
And my questions from Kirsty are:
1. What is your favourite thing about blogging?
I love reading the comments I receive on my posts, it shows me that I am not just rambling away to myself but people also like what I write! It’s a sort of reward for my hard work, and the fact that I am passionate about fashion and what I write about gives me a sense of satisfaction!
2. Who inspires you most?
In terms of blogging it would probably have to be Megs from Wonderful You. I love her content and her photos and style are always amazing.
3. What is your favourite childhood memory?
This would probably have to be going to my aunt’s house in Kerry during the summer and going fishing on her boat. Sometimes we even saw Fungi the dolphin!
4. If you could invite 3 people to a dinner party (real or fictional) who would they be?
I actually don’t know who I would invite! I am reading a book about Mark Zuckerberg at the moment so maybe him so I could quiz him all about facebook, Marilyn Monroe and JFK. I love conspiracies so I would love to find out what actually happened to them!
5. Where in the world would you most like to visit?
I have gone travelling a lot over the last year due to Erasmus and doing a J1 in America, but now I really want to go to Thailand. I would love to go this summer for a few weeks but that all depends on what I end up doing next year, whether it is a masters or a job! I still don’t know yet!
6. What is your favourite movie?
That’s hard to pick because I love so many movies but maybe The Help! Ask me next year and it will probably have changed again!
7. What is your favourite drugstore makeup brand?
Rimmel is always good for foundations and nail varnishes. But I also love the Essence liquid eyeliner
8. Bold lip or smokey eye?
I usually go for a bold red lip, I’m not really great at doing smokey eyes on myself, but since receiving the Naked 3 palette I am learning!
9. What’s your favourite item of clothing that you own?
Hmmm, at the moment if I had to pick it would probably be my black cardigan/blazer that I got a couple of months ago in River Island. I have got a lot of wear out of it and it has featured a couple of times on my blog.
10. What’s the one beauty product that you cannot live without?
It would probably be my mascara, I love having long lashes!
11. What would you most like to achieve in 2014?
Like I said before in Jenny’s question, I hoped to have got my degree, raised the profile of my blog, travelled and have got a real job that I love!
My questions from Dani are:
1. What is the one beauty product you couldn’t live without and why?
I got asked this question by Kirsty and like I said above it would probably be my mascara!
2. What is the last thing you bought?
The last item I bought was a handbag from New Look, it is featured on my post about what I wore travelling to Amsterdam!
3. What is your favourite album/book/movie and why?
For movies The Help, I thought it was really interesting to see what life was like at that time.
4. Favourite colour to wear?
Black! I am always wearing black and buying new items of black clothing!
5. If you won the lottery, what is the first thing you’d buy?
The first big thing I would but would probably be a car so I could get onto finally getting my license.
6. Last concert you attended?
C2C, they are a French band that I went to see last year when I was on Erasmus.
7. Favourite alcohol and non-alcoholic drink?
Recently I have started to like Gin and Tonics, but usually when I go out I just have vodka or Bulmers. For non-alcoholic it would have to be coke, but I do love water and sparkling water!
8. Main goal for 2014?
I would really love to grow this blog more and get a full time job after I graduate!
9. Are you currently studying? If so, what? If not, what’s your current job?
Yes, I am in my final year of Commerce and French.
10. All time favourite blogger?
Like I mentioned before, I love Megs from Wonderful You and Becky from Milkbubbletea.
11. If you could move to any city in the world, which would it be and why?
At the moment I would love to live in London or Boston. I visited Boston during the summer and loved it!
Next part is my nominees and they are (in no particular order):
My questions for my nominees are:
- What is your biggest blogging goal in 2014?
- What is your favourite thing about blogging and motivates you to keep it up?
- Your ultimate beauty/ styling tip?
- If you won the lotto what would you do first?
- Where do you see yourself in ten years time?
- What is your biggest weakness?
- How long have you been blogging for?
- Favourite blogs?
- Who is your celebrity style inspiration?
- If you could have one superpower what would you choose?
- Cats or Dogs?